Thursday, April 9, 2020

Unfair Advantage (23A)

Resources:
  • Transportation Systems Connection (after emailing back and forth about my business venture)
VRIN: This is a valuable resource because it means I have a foot in the door and a potential  ally in the future. Yes, others could have this same connection considering how easily I found his email however that does not diminish his ability to provide me with help and advice. However, this is not substitutable because he can provide me with a unique set of data that I would not otherwise not have access to.
  • Navigational tracking system which is not being offered currently 
VRIN: This is something that no other company has come up with and offered to the current sellers as I have done thorough research and have found no substitutes. 
  • UF student connections
VRIN: This is one of my more valuable assets as no one can possibly have the same connections I have made over the various fields of people I have met due to the IA program. It is not substitutable as it is a source of social capital I have built for myself. 
  • App designers who could connect my an app with my device
VRIN: There are various app designers that I could higher so it is not the best resource however I have knowledge due to these resources and would be less likely to be overcharged and know exactly what it is I am looking for.
  • My current position as UF student 
VRIN: The fact that I am a UF student is not particularly interesting but due to the market that RTS is providing for I am there perfect customer and would be able to provide them with the unique insight they are looking for. 
  • Email connections with the current RTS bus director
VRIN: I have reached out and formed a connection with the exact person that I would be looking to work with in the future and have already received his insight giving me a unique connection with person I am going to need the most. This is definitely necessary and can’t be substituted as he is the head person who makes all decisions.
  • Support from UF student and faculty 
VRIN: Not very unique but I was running out of ideas, this is however something that can be useful in order to help with marketing.
  • My position as a student assistant within the fiscal department at UF allowing me to have a better understanding of pricing and more connections with faculty. 
VRIN: This is unique because I know for a fact I am the only student assistant and get to see head on the money that UF puts into things and know their budget for a project like this. This is definitely not substitutable.
  • Research position giving me even more capital 
VRIN: This has given me more capital which will help me in many different aspects as I proceed. Not only the connections but the action of doing research has made me more prepared in researching for this endeavor. 
  • Connections with engineers 
VRIN: Through IA I have met several different engineers and been in contact with various companies that would be useful in manufacturing process. This gives me an insight into the overall pricing and time that it would take in order to get this product functioning. 
  • Providing supply for a need that is in high demand 
VRIN: This is a need that is in high demand yet has no current solutions which makes it unique and as of right now, rare.


My top resource currently is my position as a current UF student, this might not seem like a lot however I provide a direct example of my customer and with that have formed several connections throughout my years at the University giving me a unique desirable perspective that is within these bus systems market.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Skyler,

    I really enjoyed reading your post. This assignment was really helpful when it comes to identifying what resources we currently have that could benefit our business concept. Just being a UF student is also a huge advantage when it comes to my venture. It seems that both of our ventures target UF students and we both understand that it is a huge advantage that we are students and can deeply reflect with our market.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Skyler,

    This post was a joy to reach. I admire your view on being a UF student as a resource because, truly it is. I also used that as one of my resources. Being a UF student, we really know the troubles behind the RTS system because of how constantly we take the bus to get to classes. This was a great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Skyler,

    I don't know about you, but this is an assignment that I really struggled with because it was extremely difficult for me to think of ten things that would set my business idea apart from others. However, it looks like you did a really good job in finding those big and small things that would put your idea in front of others. You found the aspects that most people would not even think of, so great job!

    ReplyDelete