1) Wow. This semester feels as though it has been so long yet so short at the same time. It is crazy to think of how much I have learned and done throughout this semester and I would have never pictured this ending back in January. This class provided me with so many cool and challenging experiences and really pushed me to get out of my comfort zone as much as possible. I did things I never could imagine before, like contacting major business people and asking people for interviews on campus. I am not someone who likes to confront others and this was definitely a challenge but shaped my ideas of interviews completely as I really tried to make sure that I completed each and every interview. There were some not so fun moments as well, such as the dreaded elevator pitches, yet, after watching all three of these I am pretty proud of the obvious progress.
2) For me personally, the most formative experiences were the ones that required us to reach out and rely on the feedback of others. This was something that terrified me yet throughout this semester I got more and more feedback and practice with this concept to the point where it doesn't even scare me anymore. Feedback is necessary and great especially when it comes to entrepreneurship. Even though I hated them, I will definitely remember the Elevator pitches the most vividly as I would get all dressed up just to stand in front of my dresser and rehearse way too many times, like an embarrassing number of times. The fact that I completed all three of these without trying to skimp out on any is really impressive to me considering I really hate being in front of the camera and it definitely gave me some anxiety but I did it and now feel a lot more comfortable with the process itself.
3) I definitely see myself in a new light after this course as it really has made me look at the business process entirely different, I am not someone pursuing entrepreneurship which means prior to this I really didn't have a huge concept of all the work that goes into business models and this class really enlightened me. I have definitely improved my overall creativity and learned new skills from within this course, am I an entrepreneur? Who knows, but I am proud of the model I have created and the long process we all endured in order to make everything as precise and thought out as possible. I have definitely developed a more critical thinking mindset and an open one as well due to this class.
4) I would recommend really thinking out your business idea early on because you are stuck with it for the entire semester, I would've thought a little longer about my initial concept had I known this. Also just encouraging them to put in their best effort and not half ass anything because it is really rewarding in the end rather than just not doing the assignments that are hard or might push you. In order to do your best in this course just complete the assignments and really do what you're told to do because it is the most rewarding way and you will have a completely new mindset by the end of this course if you do actually complete the assignments and think hard about them. This class is only as rewarding as you allow it to be so do your best!
Hi, Skyler:
ReplyDeleteI like how honest and transparent your final reflection was! You discussed the things that gave you anxiety and overcame, the things that enlightened you, and the things that empowered you. I feel a lot of the same ways you described in your reflection - particularly your final sentence. This class really is as rewarding as you allow it to be, and I feel everyone in our group took it seriously and reaped the benefits. Great job, and good luck in the rest of your time at UF!
Hey Skyler,
ReplyDeleteI truly enjoyed reading your final reflection/your final post. It is amazing to see how we all grew more and had a more solid foundation regarding business due to this class. Likewise, this class has taught to get more out my own comfort zone, and it also led me to think outside the box. This was a great post!