“The Art Of Social Media: Power Tips For Power Users"
1) What was the general theme or argument of the book?
Within this book the author, Guy Kawasaki, offers roughly 120 tips on how to use social media in order to improve your business giving the ins and outs of social media. He discusses the power of social media and goes into detail about little things such as, your avatar, how a post should be made and what should be in that post, along with discussing what you should definitely avoid while using social media.
2) How did the book, in your opinion, connect with and enhance what you are learning in ENT 3003?
I thought this book tied in nicely as we are talking about reaching your customers and within my business plan especially, considering my market is college students, social media will play a huge factor in that process. Reaching out and getting more awareness for your business is never a bad thing and can be a really useful tool in todays society. It ties into the various marketing methods we have talked through in this class really well.
3) If you had to design an exercise for this class, based on the book you read, what would that exercise involve?
For this book, I would encourage students to make a fake account or at least a poster that mirrors a social media platform account and follow some of Kawasaki's tips in making the perfect post. I think this assignment would be perfect considering it takes the book and applies it in the way it was intended to be used, I looked at this book as a guide in order to use social media to its full capacity.
4) What was your biggest surprise or 'aha' moment when reading the book? In other words, what did you learn that differed most from your expectations?
This sounds pretty blah but really the thing I liked the most was his discussion of how to post and what should be included within the posts itself in order to keep a professional yet effective business account. I thought this was really cool considering I have seen so many different ads for various companies but never really thought of what goes into making those posts and how there is a person who literally is the "social media" person at most businesses. My mom actually told me once I was reading this that she used this book within her current business in order to build a social media feel for her account.
Hey Skyler,
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading your post, and found it very interesting how the book ties into social media for potential growth. We all have received a number advices on certain situations within life but, this book gives out 120 tips to help business growth solely from social media. That is honestly mind-blowing, and I would now like to read this book.
Hey Skyler,
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed reading your reflection on this book. It was very well written and I could tell that you put a lot of time and effort into it. We have all received various advice on how to expand a business through social media, but this book gives 120 tangible ways to actually do that. Overall, great work and I hope to read more of your discussions in the future.
Hey Skyler,
ReplyDeleteYou did a great reflection of this book. Social media is the most important business platform right now when it comes to advertising, marketing, etc. We really need to know how to gain customers and attraction by gauging our audience and making posts on social media that are relevant to that specific audience. So this book is definitely useful for this day and age.