Thursday, March 12, 2020

I got the SAUCE (16A)

1. What's the secret sauce that Skyler contains?
I hate assignments like these because honestly I am just a college kid trying to figure out everything just like the rest of you but here is a list that makes me cringe very hard of things I think are unique about myself:

  • I have traveled a lot and talked to people all over the world which I think has given me a greater perspective on life and a more open mindset.
  • I have three younger sisters giving me an insight into the mindset of the younger generation (look out they are gonna be something) which has given me more responsibilities than most.
  • I am teachable and by that I mean that I am always ready to learn and know that someone (most) will always know more than me so I love learning from those around me. 
  • I am very reliable as many people have leaned on me in their time of needs if I make a promise I will definitely fulfill it.
  • I like to help others and will sometimes jeopardize myself at the sake of helping those around me.  
2. Interviews: 
  • #1- I called and interviewed my mom who talked about my determination and bluntness along with my ability to overcome adversity. She described me as someone who won't sugar coat things but not because I am trying to be mean but because I genuinely want the best for others.
  • #2- I interviewed my six year old sister who was by far my favorite interview because lets just face it she's adorable and it was cute to hear how all the little things I do for her make her feel loved by me, it also showed my compassionate and patient side. 
  • #3- I interviewed my best friend who described me as a people person who gets along with others, someone who tells it like it is but is always there when needed. 
  • #4- I interviewed my grandmother who discussed my faith and how that has impacted me along with the different ideals that have been installed within me due to that faith.
  • #5- I interviewed my big brother who talked about how I am always smiling and trying to remain happy even when hit by adversity he also discussed 
3.  Reflection: 
Everyone is more critical of themselves than others and I think this will be prevalent within every student. I focused more on my drive and desire to succeed yet my friends and family all said extremely kind things about me that they have experienced from me one time or another. I do feel they are true as I try to be someone who is there for others and try to keep it real I like to people please but my facial expressions make that pretty hard at times. I think there are differences due to the fact that I know how I want to portray myself but that's not always consistent with how I actually come across, I don't think of myself as someone who has overcome a lot even though I have because I am just trying to focus on the future for the most part. I would not change what I wrote because I still feel those things are valid even after the sweet interviews. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Skyler:

    I really enjoyed reading your post and seeing all the things your interviewees had to say. I have also noticed through your comments that you are unafraid to sugar coat things, and give constructive criticism as needed - which is an admirable trait many do not possess. I do think the travel and interaction you've had with people from all over the world will aid you in better understanding different cultures and different consumer behavior. I believe your insight to the younger generation through your younger sisters is also a beneficial tool; I have some younger cousins who are always teaching me new things and keeping me up-to-date with what the "kids" are doing, ha. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Skyler,

    I hope you enjoyed this assignment and learned about yourself through self-reflection and the input of others. I really liked how your self-assessment was very specific and was related to the experiences you have had. I definitely agree that most people are more critical to themselves than they are to others, and that this played a big role in analyzing the difference between your self-assessment and the interviews you conducted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Skyler,
    This was a great post and I was really happy to see how much effort you put into this assignment. This is a time consuming assignment that also lets you learn a lot about yourself. I bet you did not know exactly how much the people close to you thought of you. I hope this was an uplifting assignment for you. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Skyler,

    I too agree that this was a very eye-opening assignment. It really helps us to learn more about ourselves, things we never considered ourselves to be. That's why we often will find the things that we personally need to work on different from what others think we need to work on, because we are often more critical of ourselves than we need to be.

    ReplyDelete