Thursday, February 6, 2020

More Opportunity Identification

1) "Spike in Crime Inflames Debate Over Bail Law in New York"

A) https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/04/nyregion/crime-stats-nyc-bail-reform.html
B) I believe there is an opportunity here due to spike in crimes.
Who: Police officers and other people affected by crimes
What: Bail is no longer applicable on smaller misdemeanors releasing criminals back into the streets before their trial.
Why: Criminals are released before they are tried and given the opportunity to commit more.
C) Customer: Police Officers
D) This opportunity is difficult to exploit because it has do too with laws which can be complex to change yet would be beneficial.
I saw this just based on a simple search and realized that it was an issue in multiple places as there seems to be a consistent spike in crime for various reasons which means there is definitely an opportunity for approval.

2) "Robots predicted to displace 50% of jobs by 2035"

A) https://www.investopedia.com/the-10-trends-that-will-shape-the-global-economy-over-the-next-decade-4777822
B) I believe there is a huge unmet need considering new technology will begin to replace jobs as we go into the future.
C) Customer: Current labor force and future students going into jobs outside of technology
D) Another difficult opportunity to exploit considering their isn't a clear design that can be put in place as of right now but definitely has a huge span.
I personally am attached to this because as a college student our jobs and futures are in jeopardy due to the technology being created.

3) Cybersecurity

A) https://home.kpmg/us/en/home/insights/2018/12/ten-key-regulatory-challenges-of-2019.html
B) With the increase in technology and availability of that technology there is a new risk to security and an increase need of internet safety.
C) Internet users everywhere.
D) This opportunity is easy to exploit considering the market is huge and can be easily manipulated.
I personally have seen people in my families identities be stolen due to lack of security on the web and think this is a huge issue especially within Florida.

4) Consumer Control

A) https://assets.kpmg/content/dam/kpmg/us/pdf/2018/12/ten-key-regulatory-challenges-pov-v5-web.pdf
B) Consumers are demanding more control and freedom with their purchases causing companies to have to work around this new aspect of customer service.
C) Companies that are highly involved with customers and interactions.
D) This opportunity is easy to exploit since the customers are coming for a distinct purpose and companies should be able to give them a sense of control or at least a false sense with todays technology.
I am attached to this because I know that I like to have a say in what goes on around me and what I purchase so it would be nice to have a sense of control especially on the internet.


2 comments:

  1. Hey Skyler,
    I really enjoyed reading about some of these opportunities and it was great work. The Cybersecurity article was very interesting to me. This is a big issue in today's world that many people have issues with. The robots article regarding taking other peoples job is also very concerning. Overall, great work and I hope to read more of your posts soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Skyler,

    I have always heard people joking about how robots will soon take over the world, but I never really paid much attention to it. It really concerns me to think that there is a big possibility that we will be out of jobs very soon. I am pre-med and I have already seen several surgical procedures being taken over by robots, so it really does scare me to think that human doctors may not be needed at all eventually. Great job!

    ReplyDelete