Thursday, February 20, 2020

Buyer Behavior 12A

My Segment:

For my segment I chose to interview 3 students from the bus 38 route who I have seen at least twice a week on the bus this semester.

My Findings:

I found my interviewees rather quickly as the bus is full of students who have really no other choice but to sit and listen to you. All three agreed with me that the bus system needed an improvement but weren't too fond of the idea of having to pay for the app part of my solution because of course they are broke college kids which made me think about my approach on that aspect of my solution a little harder. All three students were very aware that a solution was needed and they experienced the need every time they rode the bus which for one of them was just three times a week, the other everyday, and the third just in the mornings. This provided me with clues that this is pretty much an issue throughout the days of the week in varying time periods. This need is the most persistent when the individual is already running late to class or in some other high stressed situation like rushing for an exam or just going to study for those exams. This is due to the fact that they are already stressed from school pressures and then are being delayed by untimely routes.

My Conclusion:

This was the perfect segment of available customers because they were in the source of the issue and could explain why that issue was prevalent within their own lives. However, time of day did seem to be a factor there was a greater need in the morning when a influx of students were on there way to school then towards the evening when students were just going home, showing there might be some further testing needed to figure out the optimal time of congestion within the bus routes.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Skyler,

    I really enjoyed reading your post and I always find it funny when you mention how you get your interviews. I think the issue of students not wanting to pay for an app is definitely a real problem since the market has to include people willing to buy your service or product. I know, personally, I am incredibly picky when it comes to buying apps and only do so rarely. Maybe part of your solution, could be being subsidized by the university or receiving funding through advertisements and promotions. Overall, really nice post, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Skyler,
    I really enjoyed reading your blog post, it was very insightful. I think it was neat to see how all three of the people you interviewed agreed that the bus system needed a reform. However, I also found it interesting how all three of them also agreed that they would not pay for the app you had mentioned. Hopefully once they realize all the benefits that they could receive from your app, they would change their minds! Overall great post and I hope to read more of yours soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Skyler,

    I agree with you that UF parking is a scam. The school needs to do a much better job accommodating students with parking that way we don't need to always rely on the RTS Bus. I also wish the RTS bus route was more efficient too. I don't use the bus system personally becasue I technically dont live on campus (which I should be) and the closest bus stop is a more than a 5 minutes away and does come that often in the morning. I am excited for your new service.

    ReplyDelete