Thursday, February 6, 2020

Testing the Hypothesis (Part 1)

RTS Renovation: 

The Who: RTS buses are never on time, always too full, and the app is always delayed.

The What: The Rider app is almost always wrong and makes students and staff late for their daily ventures.

The Why: The navigation system within the buses is off and not accurate enough for the app to pick up.

Testing the Who: Are there others who need this?
-After these interviews I have realized there is a huge demand for this because everyone I talked to was frustrated with this same issue.

Testing the What:
-Some buses seemed to better than others but everyone I addressed on the 38 route had the same argument and other routes just seemed to have more buses on there route.

Testing the Why: 
There was various reasons across the board:
-Bus drivers
-Rider app
-Gainesville traffic
-Navigation system
People were mostly placing blame on traffic or the drivers themselves when it came to them being late for work or class instead of the navigation system and app combo I came up with. Suggesting there might be a new opportunity.

This experience with interviewing taught me how to adapt my hypothesis and gave me a new outlook on the problem with a potential new route due to the honesty of the people I interviewed.

4 comments:

  1. RTS busses is the transportation of the past and is being used as a last option for students trying to get around campus before there class. A decade ago the RTS busses may have been seen as acceptable but with attendance being taken regularly in classes and RTS busses being late to each stop the university has the responsibility for its lack of transportation options.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Skyler,

    I liked how relatable and relevant your post is to fellow UF students living on-campus. I cannot tell you how many times the app has been wrong and I have been late to class because of it. I think your choice of opportunity to cover is a great one with loads of potential. Great post to read, and I can tell you have a strong personal connection and dedication to your opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Skyler,

    I applaud you for choosing an opportunity that so many people can relate to. The RTS buses is very much a pain when it comes to it getting to the bus stop on time which, leads to people frequently getting to class late. This post was a pleasure to read, it is an opportunity that can truly help out the system for the better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Skyler,
    This was a very informative post and was great work! The bus situation is a problem for many students and it is comforting knowing that I am not the only one who encounters the same issues. You did a great job interviewing others and the post was very well formatted. Overall, great work and I hope to read more of your posts soon!

    ReplyDelete