Opportunity:
The opportunity I discussed in my last post was that of the RTS bus system and its impact on the students and staff getting to their activities on time.
-The Rider app is slow and misguiding on when the buses will actually arrive and due to Gainesville traffic from all the cars trying to snag one of the few parking paces, there is a huge demand for seats within the buses.
Solution:
To create a navigational system within the buses that will notify users of any potential delays, such as crashes and other time consuming inconveniences, so that people can try and leave earlier or find a different form of transportation. I would also like to push for more funding for more busses due to the fact that parking on campus is a scam and more people would benefit from public transportation if there were more buses and more routes.
Hi, Skyler:
ReplyDeleteI actually just commented on Benjamin's post making the exact same point you made in your opportunity section! The app is so unreliable regarding when the actual bus will arrive at your location . . . I think your solution would definitely help this problem, as there are unforeseen circumstances that can affect the scheduling of a bus. It would certainly help me knowing the reason for a delay, rather than the bus just not showing up on time. Great post!
The RTS is an outdated system that can not be used as the sole way of transportation on campus. UF is using a transportation system that has already been innovated on at other universities around the country. As the university wants to become the best public university of the US it needs to be the first to innovate not the last to follow a trend. I agree the whole system is outdated and needs a change.
ReplyDeleteHey Skylar,
ReplyDeleteThis was a very educational posts with some creative solutions. I think creating a navigation system with potential updates for traffic is brilliant. Something needs to be done in order for students to avoid be late to important events or class. Overall, great work and I hope to read more of your posts soon!