Thursday, February 20, 2020

Napkin Notes (11A)

You.

I am a student just like the rest of you at the University of Florida yet that doesn't really mean anything unique at all so let's just get right into it. I have three younger sisters who mean the world to me and who I tried to guide as much as possible I am someone who wants to direct people and help as much as I can. I try to fix problems a little too much instead of listening sometimes yet this class has shown me the importance of listening to your customers. In the future I want to be a Pediatrician and think that skills such as these will be helpful in that career path. I have gotten to travel around the world and meet lots of different people which I think has helped given me a lot of perspective on life, yet I am still only 19 so who knows. To be honest this business would be pretty significant in my life considering I am forced to ride the bus everyday due to lack of parking and could help me save time while getting to all my future classes as I do prefer to ride the bus considering it gives me a few extra minutes of study time.

What are you offering to customers?

This is a little bit trickier, I am offering the bus companies with an actual product yet the customers would mainly be the riders of the bus who would be experiencing a service. I would create a product of an improved gps system and traffic scanner in order for the bus systems to purchase yet the students will be using the app and increasing revenue in that way yet it would still be considered a service based good.

Who are you offering it to?

I would have two main customers, one being the bus managers who want their customers to be happy and to provide the safest quickest routes in order to improve ratings and the riders who are all trying to get somewhere in the most efficient manner possible.

Why do they care?

Bus companies will pay me money for the new systems because of the insufficiencies of today's solution and this solution would end up creating more revenue in the long run as it would create more users and even the app builds revenue as users would be more likely to pay for an app if they had a better guarantee of its accuracy and I believe this combination of products and services would be ideal because it would produce the most revenue and is already a prevalent need.

5) What are your core competencies? What sets you apart from everyone else? Also: what do you have that nobody else has?

The core thing is the new technology placed within the bus systems, currently the routes run on solely expected times that are set for each day due to a schedule with no room for error, however, I would be using technology that would update riders with any significant changes. I have the guarantee of accuracy as there are very accurate traffic scanners and GPS trackers already out there but I would combine the two in order to provide both benefits to users.


I believe that these all flow together as I have planned my product with the who and why and based everything around those complaints and ideas that were provided to me by potential customers. However, my why I stand out was a little hard to come up with and I am still not really sure how I can make bus management use my product and would definitely need to come up with some better incentives down the road.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Skyler,
    I really enjoyed reading your post! It was very informational and thoughtful, I learned a lot from it. I completely agree that implementing this technology into busses would make the overall experience a lot better. I thought it was inspiring how you admitted how you are not sure how your idea stands out from others. Overall, great discussion and I hope to read more of yours soon!

    ReplyDelete